Friday, November 22, 2013

"Fortify and Strengthen the land"

I know I promised to write more about the Plan of Salvation and I will.

But today, I want to share something that I learned in my scripture study. A couple days ago I was reading and I ended up skipping a couple pages that "I didn't really want to read." Then today I was reading and I got up to take a call and when I came back the pages had turned back to those few that I had skipped. So "fine...I'll read them" haha!

Anyways. It was Alma 48. Its not like its bad or anything, I'm sure there are many people who would say this is one of their favorite passages of scripture. The Title of Liberty etc. Its great, don't get me wrong, I just didn't feel like reading about it at the time.

So anyways, now that I'm being called to repentance I decide to read through it. A couple things stuck out. The first thing being in verse 9:

 "And in their weakest fortifications he did place the greater number of men; and thus he did fortify and strengthen the land which was possessed by the Nephites." (Alma 48:9)
Clearly its talking about war, but I think its interesting to note that he says they "place[ed] the greater number of men" in the weakest places which strengthened them.  In our own lives, we have those "weaker places" and that is where we have the most need for putting "more people" or stronger defenses. There's not as much need to put an army behind a strongly built wall, but maybe our walls have some weaker places and we need to start strengthening those areas first.

I have started to find some pretty big gaps in my wall but I know that those things can be over come because we all have our "red foxes."  (look forward to reading a post next week titled: Red Foxes)

I wouldn't be a missionary if I didn't invite you to act! Sooo, I invite you each to think about your 'wall' what are your weaker spots and how can you fortify them?




No comments:

Post a Comment