Sunday, November 10, 2013

Prone to Wander

Today was the first day I felt a little anxiety at the realization that I am a missionary.

It's funny cause several times people have said to me that they have these moments where it just seems completely unreal. Today, I understood what they meant. I'm what? I'm a missionary? I'm where? I'm across the country? When did that happen. It wasn't 4 months ago that I wasn't going on a mission. How could I possibly be here now, today. How come its getting hard to remember how life was before this?

Slowly but surely, my life becomes the mission. I can hardly remember what it was to be a normal person anymore. How is that possible? It wasn't that long ago that I was looking at the missionaries thinking "hey, listen to them, they're the missionaries!" People couldn't possibly be thinking that about me now.. could they? 

There is a mantel. There is a definite mantel. 

So what was the event that caused the anxiety? It was the realization that missionaries aren't perfect. I feel allll to often the words in the song Come Thou Fount are truly the words of my life. "Prone to wander Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love." 

Its amazing though, because it has become a testimony to me of this work. The things we say are often less then significant, however, the Spirit comes. The Spirit comes and it teaches. Teaches our investigators. Teaches the members. Teaches us, the missionaries. We're given a small amount of training but that training revolves around--listening to the Spirit, inviting the Spirit, and testifying with the Spirit.





No comments:

Post a Comment