Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Seeking the Light of the Gospel

It's interesting that my studies today have been based on the revelation. I don't know why it comes back to that same subject but when I got on lds.org it came up again.

The question, "is it just me or is it the Spirit?" I love the Lord. I love His apostles. Elder Bednar gave this talk 3 years ago. I remember it well. I had been seeking to  better understand the Spirit all semester. My religion professor gave us a challenge to pick a subject and seek inspiration daily about this topic in our scripture study. This was my chosen topic: how can I know the Spirit is talking to me?

Everyday I would get little piece of information about how the Spirit worked with me then when conference came around the same principle applied, seek knowledge that relates to your topic. That very conference Elder Bednar devoted an entire talk to this principle entitled, "The Spirit of Revelation." It answered every question I had and more. He talked about the different levels of light and while I don't have time to explain it in detail I highly recommend you read it!! (: Each of you.

Really, who hasn't had this question at one time or another? Am I just making it up or is this the Spirit prompting me?  

Shortly after that talk was given, Elder Bednar did some more interviews that show small clips of him explaining the different aspects of this talk. This is the one I watched today: The Role of the Holy Ghost.
Again, I highly recommend you watch it. It really just is a good reminder.

"Why would the Lord send and angel when the Holy Spirit can bring into remembrance the angel voice of your mother?" 

 I know He lives. I know He loves, comforts and guides us in our day to day lives. We are His children. As Our Father he wants to hear from us daily. He is the Light and the Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment