Wednesday, June 11, 2014

How Did You First Hear About the Book of Mormon?

If you know me...you know I'm not a big reader. It was something I struggled with as a child and didn't really enjoy later in life because of that. However, some of my earliest memories were reading out of the Book of Mormon. We would gather as a family, and take turns reading every three verses. My dad would lay on the ground and I would sit on his back. I leaned over his shoulder as he whispered the words in my ears so that I could read when it was my turn. Even now, whenever we are together as a family, we read.. taking turns, every three verses. Now, I don't have to have my dad whisper the words in my ears and its much more than an opportunity to spend time as a family. Its become a great source of spiritual strength. With the birth of Lilly last week, the majority of my family is in Utah together and I got a pretty special note from my mom in her email this week.

"We read 2Ne13 when we  had Kas with us on Saturday night.  Always warms my heart when we get to read scriptures together.  I love hearing what impressed each person." She then sent me a list of things she remembered learning while sitting with my family and discussing the things that she learned with them.

Its always neat to have the chance to learn and grow as a family. I'm grateful to my parents for introducing The Book of Mormon to me at an early age. :)

1 comment: